Ekiti Orders Closure of Schools Over #ENDSARS Protest

By  Updated on 

The Ekiti State Government has directed all primary and secondary schools across the state to be closed for one week over ENDSARS protest.

Ekiti Orders Closure of Schools

The State Commissioner for Education, Science and Technology, Dr Kofoworola Aderiye, disclosed this in a statement issued on Tuesday in Ado-Ekiti by Abimbola Dada, the Chief Information Officer in the ministry.

NECO and WAEC CBT App

JAMB CBT App

JAMB CBT SOftware

He said that the decision to close schools was a proactive step to safeguard the lives of pupils, students, teachers and other staff in the schools.

Aderiye said that school activities would resume on Oct. 26.

A similar action had been taken by the Lagos and Ondo State Governments as the protests continue to spread like wildfire.

It will be recalled that the EndSARS protesters disrupted many school activities on Monday due to the nature the protesters went about the protests as many staff and pupils, students have to trek a long distance before getting to school and returning home in a chaotic situation.

NECO and WAEC CBT App

JAMB CBT App

JAMB CBT SOftware


Olusegun Fapohunda

Meet The Author

This post is authored by Olusegun Fapohunda, the founder and editor of MySchoolGist.

Boasting over a decade of expertise in the education sector, Olusegun offers current insights into educational trends, career opportunities, and the latest news.

Connect with him on X (Formerly Twitter) for more updates.

Share This Post: If this post helped you, share it with others! Use the buttons below to spread the word!