Akeredolu Orders Closure of Schools in Ondo Over #ENDSARS Protest

By  Updated on 

The Ondo State Government has directed all primary and secondary schools across the state to be closed for over ENDSARS protest.

Akeredolu Orders Closure of Schools in Ondo Over #ENDSARS Protest

Ondo governor, Rotimi Akeredolu, has directed all schools in the state to shut down with immediate effect due to the disruption caused by the #EndSARS protests.

NECO and WAEC CBT App

JAMB CBT App

JAMB CBT SOftware

A statement by the Education Commissioner, Femi Agagu, said “Mr Governor has directed that all schools that resumed on Monday 19th October 2020 are closed for the meantime from tomorrow 21st October 2020 because of the engulfing nationwide protest and the need to ensure safety of our students and staff.”

He said the state government regretted the inconveniences but would ensure the schools resumed “as soon as possible.”

The schools only resumed on Monday, after several months of closure following the ravaging COVID-19 pandemic.

A similar action had been taken by the Lagos and Ekiti State Governments as the protests continue to spread like wildfire.

NECO and WAEC CBT App

JAMB CBT App

JAMB CBT SOftware


Olusegun Fapohunda

Meet The Author

This post is authored by Olusegun Fapohunda, the founder and editor of MySchoolGist.

Boasting over a decade of expertise in the education sector, Olusegun offers current insights into educational trends, career opportunities, and the latest news.

Connect with him on X (Formerly Twitter) for more updates.

Share This Post: If this post helped you, share it with others! Use the buttons below to spread the word!